[Talk-GB] Does "Great Britain" need a relation with "place=island" on it?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:51:45 UTC 2016

This was prompted by a comment directed at me on
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/37713755 , after I'd mentioned a
problem raised on the help site that might be related
https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/49058/rendering-of-lakes-on-garmin-devices
.

Given that it seems impossible to manage effectively* I wouldn't object
to it being deleted (but don't have a particularly strong view either
way).  If it's not deleted, does someone need to add all GB lakes and
rivers as inners?

What does everyone else think?

Cheers,

Andy

* including with JOSM, before all you fanboys pipe up :) - a duplicate
appeared as a result of some "normal editing" on the LLyn in
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/41130893 .  I'm sure that Dudley
will delete the duplicate when he gets a chance; it's the original I'm
asking about.