[Talk-GB] Does "Great Britain" need a relation with "place=island" on it?

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 18 13:32:34 UTC 2016

I am not sure the GB main island is actually called Great Britain. GB is
a "country," not an island. Is the Isle of Wight not included?

As to creating holes for lakes, that is weird. If I am on a boat on
Windermere, am I suddenly no longer on the big island and no longer
within GB?

It is undoubtedly an island, but whether it is an island with an
independent name/identity, and whether that name/identity is "Great
Britain", I don't think the arguments are convincing.

I wonder if there is a place=island for Australia? Does that include
Tasmania?

--colin