[Talk-GB] Local Authority rights of way information

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 21 10:54:22 UTC 2016

Hi Paul
Short answer: Yes, it can be incorporated as long as it's been issued
under the Open Government Licence.
http://www.rowmaps.com/

However, this data is not always the most accurate & the consensus is
that it's much better if "witnessed" by walking it. For example, the
direction of a few paths on the OS map in my area are set by hedgerows
which have long since been uprooted.

DaveF

On 21/12/2016 10:39, Paul Berry wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As you probably know, local authorities must keep available an
> up-to-date copy of rights of way for inspection. Can this information
> then be incorporated into OSM, having been witnessed, or is it a case
> of public but copyrighted? I'm currently nursing a complaint about a
> rural right of way blockage (without a stopping-up order) in my area
> and have had the need to get very familiar with my local footpaths...
>
> Regards,
> /Paul/

---