[Talk-GB] Local Authority rights of way information

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 21 10:54:22 UTC 2016

Hi Paul
Short answer: Yes, it can be incorporated as long as it's been issued 
under the Open Government Licence.

However, this data is not always the most accurate & the consensus is 
that it's much better if "witnessed" by walking it. For example, the 
direction of a few paths on the OS map in my area are set by hedgerows 
which have long since been uprooted.


On 21/12/2016 10:39, Paul Berry wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> As you probably know, local authorities must keep available an 
> up-to-date copy of rights of way for inspection. Can this information 
> then be incorporated into OSM, having been witnessed, or is it a case 
> of public but copyrighted? I'm currently nursing a complaint about a 
> rural right of way blockage (without a stopping-up order) in my area 
> and have had the need to get very familiar with my local footpaths...
> Regards,
> /Paul/
> _______________________________________________
> Talk-GB mailing list
> Talk-GB at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/attachments/20161221/77ed3608/attachment.html>

More information about the Talk-GB mailing list