[Talk-GB] Local Authority rights of way information

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Dec 21 12:38:33 UTC 2016

On 21/12/16 12:25, Dave F wrote:
> All: Are we greed that if it's *definitely* been issued under OGL, a
> local authority's data can be used within OSM?

See
<http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/>

An OGL may require specific attribution, in which case that attribution
has to be added to the OSM licensing page before it is used.

There is a horrible bit of weasel wording that says no rights are
granted for third party rights which the licensor does not have a right
to grant.  That means that the council can use an OGL but the content
could still be encumbered by OS copyrights.