[Talk-GB] Another curious school #OSMschools

Colin Spiller colin at thespillers.org.uk
Sat Feb 6 22:09:01 UTC 2016

Evening all

Robert's excellent school comparison shows up w164792334
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/164792334> Menwith Hill Elementary and
High School in 'my' BD postcode area as not being in the Edubase list.
Well that's true - it isn't.
it was an American facility located at RAF Menwith Hill
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Menwith_Hill> (really a USA base!).
As it happens, it closed last summer so I can add 'disused' and clear it
up - see
http://www.stripes.com/news/europe/menwith-hill-lajes-schools-close-for-good-1.352059
It was originally added by Yorvik Prestigitator
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Yorvik%20Prestigitator>  nearly 2
years ago and it has a wikipedia page of it's own at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menwith_Hill_Elementary/High_School

I just wonder what I could have put for the Official ref!

Colin in West Yorkshire

--
Colin Spiller
colin at thespillers.org.uk