[Talk-GB] Size of download into JOSM

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 10:35:02 UTC 2016

It's a limitation in the API (quarter of a degree or 50k nodes IIRC), so
Southend has crept over that limit.

There are a number of options:

   - Perform multiple downloads & then keep a Southend file locally. You
   can then request that it be updated before editing (I do this for a couple
   of areas of London where I edit sporadically).
   - It's easy to download just the schools in Overpass & do something
   similar in JOSM. I'm not sure how one might get all objects within multiple
   schools in Overpass but it might be possible.
   - Download schools as centroids from Overpass, load into JOSM and use
   the todo plugin to work through them downloading small areas for each
   school. I'm doing something like this using FHRS data in Northern Ireland
   (although the postcode centroids used by FHRS are often 100s of metres away
   from the school).

Jerry