[Talk-GB] Schools mapping project: Update number ?

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 21:21:27 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I've lost track of which update number we are on, but here are the latest
things from the UK Quarterly Project to map schools:

1. "Night School" event
To coincide with Open Data Day we are looking to hold an evening mapping
event. The aim being to get as many people involved for one evening as
possible. Date will most likely be Tuesday 1st March. It will be an online
event but if your local group wants to get together then go for it! Follow
the discussion at
https://www.loomio.org/d/Nt4DYCu2/concentrating-our-efforts or post to
talk-gb.

2. MapRoulette challenge
Martijn is woking on getting a maproulette challenge up online. I've
suggested we focus on our least mapped postcode regions. So that's BT
(Northern Ireland), NP, CF, SA, LD, SY, TF, OL, M, BL, WN, PR and BB.

3. 10,000 edits (and other stats)
Wow! We are getting close to 10,000 edits to amenity=school features.
Hopefully this will happen by Wednesday if we have a good few days. We're
also at over 250 mappers, 72.5% completeness (schools mapped as ways), and
around 2000 amenity=school ways have been added.

Happy mapping,
*Rob*