[Talk-GB] New users and P2

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 25 13:15:11 UTC 2016

What's wrong with with suggesting users use P2 over iD?

P2 has a few advantages over other editors. The only real benefit I've
noticed in iD is it prevents loading of data if user is zoomed too far
out. Something that Richard Fairhurst might be able to implement fairly
easily into P2.

I'm even less encouraged to use iD after a couple of conversations with
two of the developers (the only two?). They appear resentful to many of
the suggestions for improvement.

 From memory Richard F. was a developer in the start up of iD, Is he
still involved?

Dave F.

On 25/02/2016 09:30, Philip Barnes wrote:

> On Thu Feb 25 06:43:23 2016 GMT, Andy Robinson wrote:
>> I noticed that too Rob. Day before yesterday they all seemed to start at the same time so I assumed it was uni students.
>>
> We spotted them as new users from the bot that reports in  #osm-gb.
>
> They were spread over the country,  I assume the lecturer hasn't updated his notes, the default if you hit the edit button as a new user is iD.
>
> Phil (trigpoint)

---