[Talk-GB] Quarterly project: Map of changesets

Robert Norris rw_norris at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 4 22:16:39 UTC 2016

_______________________________
> Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 18:15:13 +0000
> From: rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
> To: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: [Talk-GB] Quarterly project: Map of changesets
>
> Hi all,
>
> Can you please add "OSMschools" to your changesets so that we can track
> them. For now you can see any changest with "school" in the comment at
> the following site but this isn't restricted to our UK project - hence
> the request to use "OSMschools".
>
> http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-changesets?comment=school#5/54.965/-1.780
>
> Rob

I was thinking about this earlier today, but not had a chance to post.

I was thinking about a slightly a more general id scheme such as "#GB2016QP1"

Hence with idea subsequent quarterly projects would be #GB2016QP2 and so on. Of course the comment/tag is less understandable in of it's own as they would be are more for analytics.

However I'm quite happy with 'OSMschools', although IIRC using a hash at the beginning of a semantic tag is the preferred form (#OSMschools).