[Talk-GB] UKOSM - technical aspects

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Jan 11 15:01:00 UTC 2016

On 11/01/16 14:46, Harry Wood wrote:

> Not really Lester. Something close to zero decisions have already been taken, and yet you feel the need to have a moan about it.
Creating a presence in other services when we don't have a confirmed
title for the group?

I'll repeat my offer to provide an initial platform to host a server for
serving material with a british bias such as map style and related
material to get that working. That github has become yet another
de-facto standard with enforced rules on how it works does not mean it's
the right approach to code management, let alone content management.
There are other options which avoid that straight jacket and avoid the
current mess of not knowing just which version of some key element of
code should be used. I've been jumping through those hoops trying to
restore a working tile service without going back to no longer supported
code, but it looks like the only way to get it working is to do just that.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL