[Talk-GB] Schools project Closed Schools

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:27:33 UTC 2016

There are at least 2 options:

1. Just delete them.
2. Change the base tag to one indicating that it is no longer a school: eg,
disused:amenity or old_amenity.

I prefer the second, as the former is always prone to be mistaken for a
missing data. Additionally old school buildings may get turned into private
houses, or adapted as community centres, so being able to identify the old
school can be helpful

The thing not to do is just add a disused=yes, see numerous wiki pages &
messages for why not!

Jerry