[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project : Schools - Multiple Schools on one site

Ed Loach edloach at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 09:48:10 UTC 2016

 On 17/01/16 00:08, alasdair at dunakin.me.uk wrote:
> I'd like some advice please on how to tag 2 Schools that use the
> one site.

Lester replied:
> What I've done initially is tagged the buildings of each part with the
> correct name and ref:edubase tag, and not put a tag on the site
> boundary. This I think will throw errors on the progress page, but in
> some cases the sites have a public name ... such as Abbey Park
> Schools
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36626132, but the sites
> in
> Evesham I don't think make the distinction, with in one case 5
> separate
> edubase establishments across two sites. Not sure what to do there,
> but
> tagging the building has to be correct, and the lack of a site name is
> not a problem! So should not be flagged as an error.

I was working through some schools last night and found this example:
http://osm.org/go/0EHYuEbV1--?m=
in Wivenhoe. Already well mapped in my opinion with the fhrs:id already on each school's building, so I just added ref:edubase to each building too. In this situation the amenity=school tag is on the site with the individual schools within the sites having the tags that apply to them (but not an additional amenity=school tag).

There are a few more examples in Colchester where neither school is currently mapped where I've added a note that a survey is required to see if they can be distinguished, or whether they might need to end up as two nodes in the same building even.

Ed