[Talk-GB] Review plan for adding 1, 164 wikidata tags in the West Midlands

Edward Betts edward at 4angle.com
Sun Jan 17 13:36:29 UTC 2016

Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> On 17/01/16 11:08, Edward Betts wrote:
> > This is the list of Wikidata tags that I actually plan to add:
> >
> > https://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/west_midlands/matches_2016-01-16.txt
>
> Please remove the School list from this. We are currently adding the
> edubase references to each of these, and this will replace the need for
> an additional wikidata tag. Better to just have the one primary reference.

I can skip the Schools category, if that's the community consensus.

> There are also suspicious duplicates through the Towns and Villages
> lists, and certainly where I've been adding a wikipedia link for a town
> in a number of cases it is the wikipedia end which was wrong. Two
> wikidata tags for Warwick?

Thanks for spotting the Warwick mistake. Q549761 is the town, Q611294 is the
local government district. I'll check to make sure there are no other
duplicates like this.

> And there should be individual nodes for each village so not sure where the
> relations come from?

The villages matching relations are the civil parishes. The Wikidata item
represents both the village and the civil parish. This happens when the
matching algorithm can't find the appropriate village node.

I can change the code so that towns and villages only match nodes.
--
Edward.