[Talk-GB] Review plan for adding 1, 164 wikidata tags in the West Midlands

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 17 17:13:27 UTC 2016

I am working hard (manual labour!) on the OSM coverage of Civil
Parishes, but they will never cover 100% of England due to large swathes
being unparished. Don't forget to distinguish between Civil and
Ecclesiastical parishes - they have been steadily diverging for over 100
years...

//colin

On 2016-01-17 17:38, Lester Caine wrote:

> On 17/01/16 13:36, Edward Betts wrote: And there should be individual nodes for each village so not sure where the relations come from?
 The villages matching relations are the civil parishes. The Wikidata
item
represents both the village and the civil parish. This happens when the
matching algorithm can't find the appropriate village node.

I can change the code so that towns and villages only match nodes.
If there is not a node for a village in the OSM data, then it needs
adding. While wikipedia may return the same page for the village and the
matching parish, I thought that wikidata should distinguish between a
village record and a parish one? A search for a city, town, village,
hamlet should return a node with the key data located at an appropriate
location in the place. A search for the parish should return the
boundary, but coverage around the UK for parishes is sporadic?