[Talk-GB] Review plan for adding 1, 164 wikidata tags in the West Midlands

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sun Jan 17 20:27:28 UTC 2016

On 17/01/16 18:17, Edward Betts wrote:
> Wikipedia has an article about a village called Brailes, but OSM has nodes for
> two villages, Upper Brailes and Lower Brailes. The matcher solves this problem
> by picking the civil parish.

Helps if you answer ;)
This is actually one of the sites I had fun with when looking at
'missing villages', and since both Upper and Lower Brailes appear in the
Local Government directory, then there needs to be two separate nodes.
That wikipedia merges them is not our problem, so while both villages
have to reference the same wikipedia/wikidata page, it is not the right
answer especially since there are separate figures for the two villages
which one would EXPECT wikidata to document?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL