[Talk-GB] [Imports] OSM with Wikidata: 27, 232 matches found in England

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 14:28:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

All looking interesting! Skimming around some of the data I know and
the vasy majority of it is looking sensible and useful.

I'm curious how The Shard ended up matching against its correct match
but also London Bridge station? The station doesn't seem to have any
matching metadata:
http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/england/region/Greater_London/Apartment_buildings

I managed to find a few erroneous one-to-one matches in London:
Q12048395 — The Queen's Walk (South Bank) — HMS Belfast (way, distance: 5.0 km)
Q55019 — Covent Garden — Royal Opera House (way, distance: 71 m)
Q607700 — Monument to the Great Fire of London — Tower Bridge (node,
distance: 1.4 km)
Q5571009 — Globe Theatre (Newcastle Street) — Shakespeare's Globe
(relation, distance: 2.5 km)
      - note that this one confuses the historic with the modern
theatre of the same name. The modern one has a separate wkp page.
Q43279 — Wembley Stadium (1923) — Wembley Stadium (way, distance: 0 m)
      - again the correct connection should be with the modern stadium
Q3527632 — Dorset Garden Theatre — Queen's (way, distance: 2.8 km)
      - another historic thing (Dorset Garden was called Queen's at one point)

I presume this stuff happens because of the density of things in
London. I could only find one mismatch in the North West:

Q7131478 — Panopticons — The Halo (node, distance: 119 m)
     - The Halo doesn't seem to have a wikipedia entry of its own
(it's one item in the Panopticons series; it is not itself the
series). On further investigation, I discovered that the reason for
this false match is because a wikipedia bot made a mistake in editing
geolocations (see
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:The_Anome#AnomeBot2_made_a_geodata_mistake_on_Panopticons>).

Best
Dan