[Talk-GB] Schools Progress Tracker Update

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 20:01:59 UTC 2016

On 24 January 2016 at 16:14, Dave F <davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Would it be possible to add the area location so we can check the ones where
> we have more local knowledge?

I've added the postcodes from the official data to the second table on
http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/schools/matching-queries.html . It's not
easy to determine a location area for the unmatched schools in the
first table -- essentially all I have is the coordinates of the OSM
object. Hopefully the postcodes in the second table will be helpful.

> If we let you know the why certain schools are flagging an error could you
> update your list with an extra column to indicate the reason? It would save
> users from double checking.

Maybe. Though it's not clear exactly how best to implement it.
Possibly the note would have to be tied to the OSM object number. I'll
have a think about it. The highlighting (see below) may help people
only check on things that have changed recently though, so it may not
be that much of a problem.

> On your OSM Keys page, what's the significance of the yellow/grey shading?

On many of the tables in my tools, the grey backgrounds are the
default, and the yellow highlights are to indicate rows where the OSM
last edit is recent. (Currently 'recent' means within the last 10
days.) To complicate things further, in the table at
http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/schools/osm-tag-keys.html rows that have
an explanatory note never get highlighted. The idea there was to
highlight recent unusual / unexpected key names for checking, hence
wanting to exclude things that were understood. I'm not sure whether
this is a good idea though, or just more confusing.

Best wishes,

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker