[Talk-GB] Next UK chapter concall

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jan 27 10:02:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 01/27/16 10:02, Jez Nicholson wrote:
> Does anyone know a friendly accountant?

I'm sure the OSMF accountant would be willing and able to comment on
these things (and as long as this just adds an hour or two to OSMF bill
it would be totally ok to involve her). I can either forward a list of
questions or introduce one of you to her for an email exchange (but
unwilling to let 20 people email her with ideas).

The OSMF is a "normal" company limited by guarantee (I never encountered
the acronyms CIO or CIC so I guess we are neither), and pays corporation
tax on profits from what a layman would call "business-like activities"
(e.g. if we run a conference that makes a profit through sponsorship or
ticket sales then we have to pay tax on that profit; or if we produce
and sell merchandise and make a profit from that). We don't pay taxes on
donations or membership fees.

Bye
Frederik