[Talk-GB] UK war office maps of Africa digitised

Jez Nicholson jez.nicholson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 18:03:09 UTC 2016

Great news that they've been OGLd. I feel less depressed now :)

Andy, I respectfully beg to differ. Crown copyright does expire after 50
years but owners of scans claim 'sweat of the brow' grants them copyright
of the images made. Even the people at NPE Maps claim it
http://www.npemap.org.uk/tileLicence.html but they renounce any claim on
derived data.

I don't necessarily agree that simply scanning something is fair grounds
for copyright ownership. Professional quality scans and georectifying does
cost money though.