[Talk-GB] UK war office maps of Africa digitised

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sun Jan 31 15:57:39 UTC 2016

On 31/01/16 15:46, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Can anyone help with my original question, which was:
>
>> What's the potential to get these crown-copyright-expired maps as an OSM
>> layer, for tracing?

They have. They have told you the answer depends on the copyright
status.  You've only asked about the potential, and that depends
entirely on whether or not it can be legally done, as there are no
fundamental technical problems.

Are you really asking if anyone is prepared to fund the tile server, and
donate time to any georeferencing needed?