[Talk-GB] Next Quarterly Project

Christian Ledermann christian.ledermann at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 09:41:46 UTC 2016

the best data I found is at http://cap-payments.defra.gov.uk/download.aspx
but it only contains the postcode prefix :-(

On 30 June 2016 at 19:45, Brian Prangle <bprangle at gmail.com> wrote:

> This resource from DEFRA shows 102,836 "holdings" in 2013. The Excel
> spreadsheet lists them by local authority. I haven't checked to see if it's
> OGL. If it is, is anybody up for modifying Robert Whittaker's postcode
> progress tool  to show progress by LA (obviously it will just be a colour
> code of % progress as we don't have addresses with postcodes)
>
> Regards
>
> Brian
>
> On 30 June 2016 at 19:34, Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 30/06/2016 18:13, Brian Prangle wrote:
>>>
>>> ... some farms seem to be little more than caravan storage, some have
>>> transformed into equestrian centres, small industrial parks or become just
>>> residential ...
>>

>> Indeed, farms sounds like a good idea to me.  Quite a few to the east of
>> me seem to have been added as nodes with "place=farm; name=whatever's on the
>> OS OpenData" (and sometimes name is just obviously desciptive, like "Poultry
>> Farm").  It'd be great to have landuse mapped instead of just a single node,
>> even if it does take a note and a subsequent survey visit to resolve what's
>> become just residential and what hasn't.
>>
>> Is any of the farm subsidy data open (in order to figure out which are
>> genuinely still farms)?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Andy

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Newark-on-Trent - UK
Mobile : +44 7474997517

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/christianledermann
https://github.com/cleder/

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>