[Talk-GB] How to mark something as closed

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 22:44:02 UTC 2016

a) If you delete it from the data base ... then it is possible for
someone else to reenter it into the data base ...
b) do something else... yes! leave it in  the data base so if someone
else comes along and wants to enter something there .. they can see what
has been there in the past.

dissused is one tag, as is abandoned
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:abandoned:

I have used obsolete: to mark something that is no longer there -
avoiding the reenter problem.