[Talk-GB] OSMUK local chapter

Brian Prangle bprangle at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 11:33:57 UTC 2016

Hi everyone

The final Articles of Association have now been available
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6J5ZA1hu93bSUFIdERMNHZhM1U/view> for
some weeks and have attracted no comments, so I think it's safe to say we
can go ahead now and start the process of incorporation. We have 5 names
for interim directors (i.e legally necessary for incorportaion but all
standing down at an initial meeting so that an election can take
place).They are me, Rob Nickerson, Adam Hoyle, Greg Marler and Robert
Whittaker. (Others have indicated a willingness -if your name is not here
don't worry - you're not being excluded from the operational organisation -
just stand for election at the first meeting. Also if your name is here and
shouldn't be let me know)

Thankyou to everyone who participated in getting us this far, it wasn't the
most inspiring of tasks examining the fine detail of an Articles of
Association document, and we'd all rather have been mapping.

>From now on it's just background boring bureaucratic stuff getting the
documents ready, legally reviewed, signed  and off to Companies House and
setting up a bank account. Suggestions for a preferred bank welcome. I'll
keep everyone up to date as to where we are.

Rather than wait for this process to complete  I think we should start
discussing what we want to do as an organisation: what priorities we should
have, maybe  a 100 day kickoff plan. To remind everyone, these are our
agreed objectives:

   - increase the quality and quantity of data about the UK in
   OpenStreetMap;
   - improve and increase the size, skills, toolsets and cohesion of the
   OpenStreetMap community in the United Kingdom;
   - promote and facilitate the use of OpenStreetMap data by individuals
   and organisations in the United Kingdom;
   - promote and facilitate the release by organisations in the United
   Kingdom of data that is suitable for use in OpenStreetMap.

We still have some organisational stuff to agree, like what should the
membership fees be, what classes of members should there be; when where and
how do we organise our first meeting; and so on and so forth

Let's get some discussion going here and when we've accumulated enough
comment, we can organise another conference call.

Regards

Brian