[Talk-GB] This evening: Night school - Status report

Ed Loach edloach at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:35:54 UTC 2016

Great news.

Is it possible we can add something to the wiki page about an agreed way to tag multiple schools on a single site, or schools with multiple sites. I think earlier discussions here suggested:

For a site with multiple schools (grounds shared, separate buildings) tag the grounds as amenity=school, and the name, edubase ref and address details for each school on the relevant building.

e.g. http://osm.org/go/0EHYuEeGJ--?m=

http://osm.org/go/0EHS4rvGk--?m=

For a school with multiple sites, use a site relation, with each site being tagged amenity=school with the relevant address on each, and the edubase ref on the main site. I’m less sure about this one and have no examples.

I also don’t have an example for multiple schools in a single building. If they were separate entrances I’d probably put the differing details on the entrance nodes, but as I’ve not encountered this I’m not sure whether it happens anywhere. Nor if they share an entrance how that would be tagged.

Robert’s excellent progress tracking tool also shows adult education centres where I have been unable to find an edubase reference, e.g.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/203713626

Should they have edubase references? If so how would I find them?

Ed