[Talk-GB] Reminder: Footpath Mapping Consall Forge/Ipstones this Saturday 5th March

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:04:24 UTC 2016

Dear all,

A reminder that some of us will be trying to add more rights of way to OSM
in mid-Staffs on Saturday.

Details are on the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nottingham/Mapping_Meetup#Next_Meeting:_5th_March_2016.2C_Consall_Forge_.2F_Ipstones

We are meeting at Ipstones because the lunch spot Black Lion pub is deep in
the valley of the Churnet and reached by a rather tortuous road. Ipstones
provides more mapping opportunities and is easier to find. In particular
there is an extensive network of paths to the NE which might be worth
surveying.

>From the Black Lion itself there are extensive wooded areas on the W side
of the Churnet which include a number of nature reserves. I hope we may
even find some spring flowers.

I have created a map of likely targets on umap here:
http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/consall-area-prow-on-osm_63411#11/53.0454/-1.9801

As ever, anyone is welcome to join us in the pub or for either half day.

The next meeting will be in May/June sometime based on the Kings Arms,
Scalford Leics (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/29344242#map=17/52.80971/-0.87146). I
will do a doodle poll to find a suitable weekend soon.

Cheers,

Jerry