[Talk-GB] OSM with Wikidata: now covers UK and Ireland

Edward Betts edward at 4angle.com
Thu Mar 10 17:57:14 UTC 2016

I've extended my search for matches between OSM and Wikidata again. It now
covers all of the UK and Ireland.

I used map data from http://download.geofabrik.de/europe/british-isles.html

The results are grouped by region or county as well as by category.

http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/gb-ie/

I'm going to figure out how to upload these matches to OSM. I've registered an
account with the username Wikidata to use for the uploads.

There will be one changeset per county + category for any category with 10 or
more matches in that county. Categories with less than 10 matches in the
county will be combined into a single changeset.

OSM objects with an existing wikidata tag won't be changed.
--
Edward.