[Talk-GB] OSM with Wikidata: now covers UK and Ireland

Edward Betts edward at 4angle.com
Fri Mar 11 10:56:14 UTC 2016

Good question.

OSM editors and viewers could be changed to integrate more closely with
Wikidata. An OSM editor could suggest to the mapper a matching Wikidata item
to tag. We could have the editor automatically look up the label from the
Wikidata item in the preferred language of the person editing the map.

The map view on the main OSM website includes basic Wikipedia support, the
Wikipedia tags becomes links to Wikipedia. Support could be added for
Wikidata, this could include looking up the Wikidata label in the appropriate
language and links to Wikipedia. We can also show other information from
Wikidata like the name of the architect or a photograph.
--
Edward.