[Talk-GB] [Imports] OSM with Wikidata: now covers UK and Ireland

Edward Betts edward at 4angle.com
Fri Mar 11 19:15:15 UTC 2016

Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net> wrote:
> On 11/03/16 18:03, Edward Betts wrote:
> >I've uploaded my first changeset - Places of worship in Birmingham.
> >
> >https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/37766888
> >
> >This is a modification to 10 ways and one relation.
> >
> >The relation is a multipolygon representing Birmingham Oratory. The uploader
> >has put the wikidata tag on the relation, which looks wrong. The other tags for
> >the church are on the outer way. I will fix this before I do any more uploads.
> >

> Since more than one person has asked you to check with local mappers before
> making these uploads and there is an unanswered question about the licence,
> I would ask you to stop uploading any more of these data until these
> questions have been addressed to the satisfaction of the mappers in GB.

I was specially approached by mappers from the East Midlands and asked to
upload this data. Sorry for not making this clear.

There is no problem with the license. I'm not deriving anything from Wikipedia
or Wikidata. I'm just adding a link to Wikidata. There are already lots of
links to both Wikipedia and Wikidata in OSM.
--
Edward.