[Talk-GB] Current Draft of OSM-UK Articles of Association

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:54:05 UTC 2016

I didn't see an e-mail with details for tonight's meeting.

Details I have are
Phone: 0800 229 0900
Code: 33224

I created a document for minutes/notes
https://hackpad.com/2016-03-17-OSM-GB-Meeting-UGWMWunxvTb

Could we start using a consistent tag in the e-mail subjects? This will
help people like me set filters so I see messages stand out from the
general Talk-GB list.
How about adding [GB Chapter] to the subject of every e-mail?

>From Durham,
Greg.

On 17 March 2016 at 19:35, SK53 <sk53.osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a few notes to help identify areas of the draft AoA which need
> discussion.
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4m314mq1y1fs5j/OSMUK%20AOA%20Notes.pdf?dl=0
>
> Thanks to Rob, Andy, Robert & Brian for comments so far.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jerry
>
> On 15 March 2016 at 16:43, SK53 <sk53.osm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> In order to provide everyone a chance to read the draft AoA before
>> Thursday's conference call, here is a link to the *current version *on
>> Google Docs:
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NbHiUcQjz0SHKlt6BzGp2z_Lo1YH1RmdEZ2kMkpNI04/edit?usp=sharing
>> .
>>
>> The link should allow comments, so corrections to typos, paragraph
>> numbering should be added directly on the document.
>>
>> I'll produce some guidance notes before the call as to the intention of
>> specific parts of the AoA. However for now. Articles 2-6, 8, 9 , 23, 26,
>> 27, 28 & 50 + the definitions are the parts worth checking over: much of
>> the rest is fairly standard boilerplate.
>>
>> I'm still trying to get my head around providing alternatives for various
>> membership scenarios (specifically allowing organisations as ordinary
>> members or not), So please bear in mind that the first three articles under
>> Members are subject to change.
>>
>> My earlier notes
>> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhcc87s9ee31md5/OSMUK_Governing_Papers.pdf?dl=0>
>> are still relevant: and I may well not have covered everything I intended
>> as working with the detailed text is very much "missing the wood for the
>> trees". Also working things in from the model articles is rather
>> reminiscent of creating spaghetti code.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jerry

Gregory