[Talk-GB] [UK Chapter] Definition of OSM.

Tim Waters chippy2005 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 21:32:33 UTC 2016

Frederik is correct in saying that OpenStreetMap Project does not
appear in the OSMF Articles of Association.

However, on the OSMF website, the following words are used: "The
Foundation supports the OpenStreetMap Project."

So the wider OSM "thing" is the OpenStreetMap Project rather than the
OpenStreetMap Community. I quite like that differentiation, even
though I cannot find the definition of what the project is!

"supports" is also a quite different meaning than "managed by"

If we wanted to have a definition that includes the OSMF: "The
OpenStreetMap Project as currently supported by the OpenStreetMap
Foundation Ltd" perhaps?

Tim