[Talk-GB] Incorrect spelling of "cemetery"

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 11:26:13 UTC 2016

On 24/03/2016 11:14, Stuart Reynolds wrote:
> Can I propose that someone who is more knowledgeable than me does a mechanical edit within the UK to correct “Cemetary” to “Cemetery”?

I added a bunch of notes for misspelt cemeteries a while back (mainly
trying to provide an "in" for new local mappers) so if anyone does pick
this up please check for local notes too - and also for other variations
such as "cemetry" etc. :)

There are occasionally "valid odd spellings" ("Kilbourne Road", which
goes to "Kilburn", comes to mind) but other than in made-up business
names, I can't think of a valid misspelling of a regular English noun.

Cheers,

Andy