[Talk-GB] Open data

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:47:10 UTC 2016

Richard wrote:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2016-March/018714.html

Thanks Richard,

You perfectly answered my question (despite the fact it took me a few
attempts to get the question across) and alleviated many of my concerns.

So next logical questions are:

1. Would there be any cases where merging open data in OSM would reduce end
user challenges (e.g height restrictions on bridges, traffic calming, cafes
from the food hygiene data*)?

2. You say your challenges are with the OSM data. What are the top few
things we could do to reduce this? (Generally rather than map more surface
tags ;-) )

Thanks,
Rob

* Last one included as this is a case where (as I understand) an end user
cannot mix OSM cafes with other data cafes unless they make the final
dataset available.