[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project (Health): Pharmacies and Defibrillators

Eric Grosso eric.grosso.os at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:33:34 UTC 2016

Fantastic tool! Thanks so much Robert.

2. If it's a big supermarket or shopping centre, it's generally a polygon.
So it's possible to add a POI which is the amenity. In case the supermarket
is already a POI, your option, as written as well in the OSM wiki
discussion, i.e. pharmacy=yes could work but isn't a common OSM
specification. So why not using shop=supermarket and amenity=pharmacy
together. I don't see any incompatibility in using both tags.

3. I checked few pharmacies in Edinburgh and indeed, some of the red
circles in link with Boots are wrongly tagged as amenity=pharmacy. The
Boots website indicates if there are pharmacy services or in-store services
+ pharmacy services. The ones in red have no pharmacy services. It seems
that some of them aren't even chemists. So the tag will have probably to be
decided for each case.

4. (same remark than above) Why not using both amenity=pharmacy and
shop=chemist?

Best wishes,
Eric