[Talk-GB] Autumn Quarterly Project

Greg gregrs at fastmail.co.uk
Sun Nov 6 14:11:58 UTC 2016

Hi all,

The FHRS/OSM comparison tool <http://gregrs.dev.openstreetmap.org/fhrs/> is updating correctly again. Unfortunately I didn’t get a response from the FSA but did manage to code a workaround, and the update script has run successfully this morning.

I did however notice another issue; the way the update script interacts with the FHRS API means that currently a maximum of 5000 FHRS establishments are returned for each FHRS authority (N.B. these don’t necessarily tally with the OS Boundary Line districts used to create a page per district). This could cause problems in Birmingham, Glasgow and Leeds, although these areas don’t seem to have many FHRS IDs matched anyway. See <https://github.com/gregrs-uk/python-fhrs-osm/issues/22> for updates in due course.

Thanks,
Greg