[Talk-GB] Quarterly project - taginfo tracker

Greg gregrs at fastmail.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 21:44:52 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your email. Hope you don’t mind but I’ve cc’d Talk-GB in case this is relevant to anyone else.

Unfortunately there is a bit of a lag because the Geofabrik extract for Great Britain is a bit out of date by the time it’s downloaded. The extract that is available right now at <http://download.geofabrik.de/europe/great-britain.html <http://download.geofabrik.de/europe/great-britain.html>> seems to have been up since about 6am and contains OSM data up to 8.28pm yesterday.

However, the comparison tool downloaded its OSM data for today’s update very early this morning. This was updated at 5.45am yesterday so presumably contains OSM data up to approx. Tue 8.30pm (2 days ago). Hopefully your update will therefore appear on the comparison tool tomorrow…

It seemed best to update the comparison pages overnight to ease server load but I might look at updating them a little later in the day to take advantage of the more up-to-date Geofabrik extract. I’ve created a GitHub issue for this <https://github.com/gregrs-uk/python-fhrs-osm/issues/29 <https://github.com/gregrs-uk/python-fhrs-osm/issues/29>> and there is a pre-existing issue for displaying at the bottom of each page the age of the OSM data used <https://github.com/gregrs-uk/python-fhrs-osm/issues/4 <https://github.com/gregrs-uk/python-fhrs-osm/issues/4>>.

Best wishes,
Greg