[Talk-GB] FHRS and businesses run from home

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 21 12:58:12 UTC 2016

OSM became a company list as soon as the third business was added. Lists
of things is what the database is all about, it's just that the most
common way of representing them is geographically spaced out on a map,
instead of an Excel spreadsheet.

Apart from size, I fail to see the difference between a cottage industry
baking cupcakes in the kitchen & Mr Kipling churning out battenbergs by
the mile in huge factories. The FHRS database listing a business at a
domestic address is verification IMO.

Some see FHRS as a means to an end, by adding address data, which is
fine, but I see it as an end in itself, referencing a well maintained
external database providing information that's too ephemeral for OSM.

Dave F.