[Talk-GB] FHRS and businesses run from home

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 09:53:42 UTC 2016

In Australia business have to have a legal physical address with a
plaque on the entry with their name.
Start up businesses start out using their home address for costs ..
plaque usually goes on the back door ... the local council has the area
designated for residential use and may discourage business there so they
are on iffy ground hence the back door plaque.

If things go well then the may get a rent on another location for the
'active' part of the business ... but retain the home address as the
registered part just incase they find the rent too much or need to move
to another location. That can go on for some time. Hence the register
may contain a 'residential' address for a business that is actually
located else where. I think that maybe what is going on here. Cost
associated with changing the address of the 'business' dissuade frequent
changes - particularly on startups.

A 'mobile' business .. such as a mobile caterer or a mobile mechanic may
not be something that needs to present on the OSM map? I'd think someone
looking for a mobile service would want to contact them by phone .. and
be best served by using a phone search.