[Talk-GB] Tweet von Sentamu Academy (@SentamuAcademy)

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Wed Nov 23 15:59:39 UTC 2016

On 23/11/16 15:32, Manfred A. Reiter wrote:

> Hi, maybe interesting and not totally OT ;-)
>
> Sentamu Academy (@SentamuAcademy) twitterte um 3:35 nachm. on Mi.,
> Nov. 23, 2016:
> We are currently advertising for a Teacher of Geography.
>
> https://t.co/tGNRmgvjIm
>
> Join #TeamArchie 🔹🔸🔹
>
> @getintoteaching @HDMJobs https://t.co/UuaNFsUZta
> (https://twitter.com/SentamuAcademy/status/801434109457367040?s=03)

If the new geography teacher tries to encourage the pupils to get into
OSM I hope she / he does a better job than the staff did in the past.

My experience and impressions of the school were not good.

I was invited to visit the school, which I did a couple of times to
explain about OSM and to try to help a member of staff incorporate some
OSM into a lesson or two. It quickly became clear that the motivation
was not to broaden the pupils' education or improve the quality, use or
understanding of OSM, rather that a foreign trip was on offer under some
European scheme.

Almost everything the pupils added to OSM was junk. Quality control
seemed to be absent and very little of real value remains. I had to step
in and correct or revert awful edits that the team seemed happy to leave.

Little wonder that in July Ofstead ruled Archbishop Sentimu Academy
inadequate and placed the school into special measures.

I have been disheartened by my experience and would think long and hard
before offering to help a school again.

--
Cheers, Chris (chillly)