[Talk-GB] Upper Booth camp site, Pennine Way near Edale

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Oct 1 21:33:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

   OSMF board has received a complaint by the operator of the Upper
Booth campsite, namely that they're seeing an increase of people
trespassing due to OpenStreetMap featuring the campsite toilet as a
public toilet.

I fixed that for them, but they have only replied with more (quote):

> I have looked at the map and there are numerous other inaccuracies.
> The ONLY footpath is the Pennine way from Edale to Upper Booth. NONE of the
> paths indicated on the map that proceed north through Upper Booth Farm are
> public footpaths, similarly the P marked is the private parking for campsite
> users.
> To the west of the farm is a stream running north /south there is only 1
> public footpath that runs alongside the stream NONE of the others indicated
> are correct.

I don't want to edit things based solely on what they're saying - I know
that property owners sometimes have different ideas about which paths
are private than the law.

Maybe if someone passes that farm on a weekend out they can survey the
situation and mark things as private where necessary.

I'll place a note there linking to this message.

Bye
Frederik