[Talk-GB] access:psv

John Aldridge jpsa at cantab.net
Thu Oct 13 18:20:43 UTC 2016

On 13-Oct-16 18:51, Chris Hill wrote:
> I have written about this process more than once in the past, for
> example
> http://chris-osm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/homogenised-data-no-thanks.html

I agree with this... any formal tagging schema is going to end up
obstructing useful mapping of circumstances which the schema authors
didn't consider.

I don't think that general principle should rule out the correction of
simple errors, though. In this case I think I might send a message to
the original mapper to ask them whether these unusual tags were created
inadvertently and whether they'd mind if they were changed to correspond
to more common practice.

I'd then happily take "please don't" for an answer, though.

--
Cheers,
John