[Talk-GB] Quarterly project - taginfo tracker

Robert Norris rw_norris at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 00:07:33 UTC 2016

Does anyone have any idea how best (if at all) to tag "mobile" caterers - e.g. Burger vans and variants thereof?

Some mobile caterers are truly mobile going to various events - and so obviously not for inclusion in OSM, however some are trade from a fixed location (or may be a couple?) although the mobile van will only physically be there around the actual opening hours. And then some practically never move at all[1].

I've been wary (thus never done it) about adding such places as 'amenity=fast_food' for things that would not necessarily be physically there.

It seems to me the criteria is that the service would operate from some sort of hatch, such that the customer would be outside for both the ordering and consuming of goods - and theoretically the operator could easily move.

So:

"takeaway=only"
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:seating&action=edit&redlink=1>

and/or<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:seating&action=edit&redlink=1>

"seating<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:seating&action=edit&redlink=1>=no<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:seating%3Dno&action=edit&redlink=1>"

+

"order=outside" ??

and/or

"caterer=mobile" ??

This is not strictly FHRS related, but they should have an FHRS entry.

[1] http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/68231/Mick's-Monster-Burgers-Portsmouth /<http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/68231/Mick%27s-Monster-Burgers-Portsmouth>

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2494365584

(This place is open 24/7 and a large container but the wheels seem permanently deflated, so hard to tell how movable it really is!)

--
Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,