[Talk-GB] Possible use of OS triangulation stations to determine aerial imagery offset

Greg gregrs at fastmail.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 16:16:42 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Since my last email, I've analysed the relationship between the OS
triangulation station data and OSM 'man_made=survey_point's in Great
Britain. You can read about this on my wiki page
[http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Gregrs/Ordnance_Survey_triangulation_stations].
I believe it may be possible to import/merge this data at some point in
the future so I'd be grateful if you could take a look.

I have also converted the data into a GPX file with metadata that can be
understood/displayed by JOSM to allow users to more accurately determine
the offset of aerial imagery. This can be obtained here:
[http://gregrs.dev.openstreetmap.org].

Thanks,
Greg.