[Talk-GB] Summer quarterly project

Paul Berry pmberry2007 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 16:31:08 UTC 2016

+1 for the town centre blitzing. Even well-mapped city centres change all
the time (shops opening and closing for one) and there are plenty of
examples of places you'd think would have more detail than they actually do
(eg Leeds is still pretty poorly mapped for POI and businesses, despite my
best efforts). This is of course largely a reflection on how strong the
local mapping community is. London, Cambridge and Nottingham spring to mind
as exceptionally detailed urban areas.

I think it'd have a bigger impact on the OSM people actually use. But, even
if we don't go for this for the next Quarterly, it's always there as a
"background" mapping task for all.

Regards,
*Paul*