[Talk-GB] Tagging redevelopment and closed roads

Stuart Reynolds stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk
Mon Sep 19 17:01:53 UTC 2016

Hi All,

There are some major redevelopment works just starting in central Lincoln. The old bus station has closed, and a number of streets and car parks between it and the rail station are now shut for the construction of the new transport hub. In the meantime, there is a temporary bus station to the south of the station.

To reflect all of this, I need to tag the affected roads, car parks, and existing bus stops. I’m sure that the wrong thing to do would be to simply delete everything that is soon to depart - although if anything is most likely to want deleting it is the old bus stops - but what is the right way? Tagging the roads as access=no is simple enough, with a note, because I’m not sure (yet) of the end status. But is there a preferred way, and what about the car parks and the old bus station? How should that be dealt with.

Many thanks

Regards,
Stuart Reynolds
for traveline south east & anglia