[Talk-GB] UK Postcodes

Gervase Markham gerv-gmane at gerv.net
Mon Sep 26 09:17:23 UTC 2016

On 26/09/16 09:39, Chris Hill wrote:
> Please do not add postcode centroids to the map. They are not real, do
> not exist and do not belong in the OSM DB.

Just so we know, what is your view of the correct way for OSM search
engines to allow searching on postcode data from around the world? Do
you advocate for each search engine importing each postcode file from N
countries as a separate external datasource? Or are you saying that we
want to make it so that no-one can search for a postcode until someone
has made the effort to find a particular building with that postcode and
added the postcode to the building's address?

Gerv