[Talk-GB] Rendering Stiles

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 10:13:23 UTC 2017

On 05/04/2017 10:09, Ian Caldwell wrote:

> One of the reasons I think he was adding  name="stile". is that stiles
> are not rendered on the standard map. Is there are web based map that
> does render stiles? I cannot find one.

Sure:

https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=20&lat=53.2063771&lon=-1.722643

 > The reason he is interested in stiles is as he says:  "I like to walk
with my dog but find that many of the stiles
 > are not dog friendly and, being almost eighty, I  find it difficult
to lift my dog bodily over the stile."

What that map doesn't show are "dog guillotines"

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/o5Q

Not much used, but they would avoid him lifting a dog over a stile.  Any
suggestions as to how you'd render a stile with a dog guillotine
differently to one without gratefully received...

Cheers,

Andy