[Talk-GB] Rendering Stiles

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 20:17:33 UTC 2017

On 05/04/2017 20:12, Michael Booth wrote:
> Might be worth commenting on this issue about adding kissing
> gate/stile icons, with any suggestions for rendering them on the
> standard layer:
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/846

To be honest, as the last comment there says, to progress that I think
it needs someone to contribute some code - take a copy of the
repository, set up a rendering stack using it (probably just Kosmtik
would work - see e.g.
https://ircama.github.io/osm-carto-tutorials/kosmtik-ubuntu-setup/ )
make the changes to render stiles etc., test it, and offer that
contribution back.  See also
https://switch2osm.org/manually-building-a-tile-server-16-04-2-lts/ .

I believe that the OSM Carto people are keen to see new contributors -
see https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/2291 for
example.

If anyone wants is trying to do the above and gets stuck, then I'm sure
that people will be willing to help - either here, on github, or on IRC
and elsewhere.

Best Regards,

Andy