[Talk-GB] Rendering national/regional walking trails

Elizabeth Oldham beth at the-hug.org
Fri Apr 21 10:26:26 UTC 2017

I am trying to render the national and regional walking trails. These
are done as relations, with tags like network=rwn so easy to pick out.
When I render them I find there are alternative routes, as an example
the Coast to Coast Walk splits into 3 at one point. Looking at the
relation in josm I find they have a "role" of alternative, or main as
appropriate.

However, I don't seem to be able to get at the "role", and there is
nothing else which distinguishes main from alternative routes - so I can
render them differently.

Have I missed anything obvious?

Thanks
Beth