[Talk-GB] Rendering national/regional walking trails

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 15:08:34 UTC 2017

On 23/04/17 11:43, Elizabeth Oldham wrote:
> ... But I still get only a few labels rendered. My stylesheet for
> rendering ldpnwn is similar to yours. So I'm kind of confused as to
> where the magic is that places multiple labels instead of just a few?

The "text-spacing" settings below
https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/openstreetmap-carto-AJT/blob/master/roads.mss#L3088
should control that.  When I was testing it I adjusted it up and down
until the spacing was about right.  I was using TileMill at that point
to test changes so it worked with Mapnik v2 and am now using it with
Mapnik v3, so it shouldn't be a Mapnik version problem.  With TileMill
(or Kosmtik) style changes should apply and be displayed immediately.

Other possibilities would be some sort of tile caching issue, but you've
no doubt already looked into that?  Maybe just change the name to
"something else" to make absolutely sure that a new name is rendered,
but still too infrequently.

Best Regards,

Andy