[Talk-GB] OS Custom Made maps

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Wed Apr 26 11:53:22 UTC 2017

A bit off topic I admit, but I just received my first two OS UK custom
maps, with my own chosen print extent. I love it!

Being custom digital print, the quality does not fully hold up with my
1990's era "Snowdon & surrounding area" offset version, but it is still
entirely acceptable, and it is lovely to compare the original map with
my custom 1:50k and 1:25k map and see what has changed (or not). I
studied there for half a year, so know the area quite well.

Of course I already new the custom map services some of the
OpenStreetMap companies are offering, but I wasn't yet aware Ordnance
Survey was offering such a service for Landranger (1:50k) and Explorer
(1:25k) series maps. Anyone else who tried it, and possibly found use
for it when outdoor mapping for OpenStreetMap?

Marco

---